An Interview with another traveler: Justin Lane

What advice would you give to an 18 year old?

If you live everyday like its your last... it probably will be. You can live your life to the fullest AND do it in a way that won't hurt you or the people you care about. Find that way and you will not regret a thing.

What would you say constitutes "the good life"?

 "The good life" is when you expand your experiences and comfort zones - it is finding the beauty in other people and cultures - it is valuing human life and love above all - it is being the person you want to be and not making excuses - it is setting goals that mean something to you and reaching goals - the good life can be found in many places and has a lot more to do with inner peace and love than beautiful places and things...but natural beauty and cool techno gizmos are fun to find on the journey.

 I work in the tourist industry because of the mobility that it allows me. Working as a bartender/server/deckhand/ snorkel instructor and any other job I can find has allowed me to live a comfortable life style and work while living in the places I've always wanted to travel to. Gaum and the Carribean have been wonderful tropical places to live, but I have also been very happy living at the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Death Valley.

The world is full of different types of beauty and they all call to me, so settling down will be a hard decision. Side trips to many exotic locations like Niceragua help me to settle my wanderlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips
Real Time Analytics